Fused Glass Workshop – Set of Trinket Dishes
Sat 16th March 1:30-3:30pm
I want to share my 15+ years of experience with you. This fused glass workshop is held at my Derbyshire studio and gallery space in the middle of Wirksworth near Matlock.
About this fused glass workshop
Create a set of 3 mini dishes, a perfect size for a tealight candle or to store your earrings and rings. Make for yourself of to give as gifts. Explore two different design/construction processes and use precut tiles, rods and frit balls to create your designs. Can’t make the workshop? Still want to make your own fused glass dishes, check out my simplified (but still sparkly) make at home kit.
Explore a little in this short fused glass taster workshop and learn a little about how the kiln firing to 800 degrees c changes the raw/pointy pieces of glass to a have smooth, shiny finish. Simply complete your designs during the session and leave them with me at the studio for me to fire twice, once flat and once into the bowl mould. We will make arrangements to pick up a few weeks later or I can post your finished piece at cost.
I will talk through all the Health & Safety in the session but I want you to know now, you will be handling precut glass pieces, they have pointy ends but with the right handling, they won’t hurt you. Recommended for ages 10 and above, all under 16s to be accompanied by a paying adult.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me to discuss any queries you may have, big or small and make sure to find me on Instagram and facebook to keep up to date with all the sparkles and to see images of previous students works.
Photos shown here (and on my facebook page) are mostly student pieces, a few are my examples.
Book with friends or come on your own for a supportive and fun creative fused glass workshop experience. All fused glass workshop attendees receive a 10% discount on purchases from the gallery shop on the day, just a little way I can say thank you for joining me!
Things to bring with you:
- A bottle of water or travel cup of coffee/tea
- An apron or old clothes so you don’t have to worry about getting glue or little bits of glass on them
- An open mind and willingness to experiment
When booking make sure your email address is correct at checkout as I will email you any further information needed for the workshop. Please also include a contact phone number in the unlikely event that I need to cancel a workshop at short notice.
I feel I need to warn you to consider popping in to a nearby café to use their washroom facilities as the washroom in the studio shop isn’t the best, it’s usable but not the most comfortable or discreet.
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing Workshops and Courses that are booked here online. When you book a place you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
Bookings and cancellations
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly, we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility – Workshops at Create Space, Wirksworth: Entrance to the Studio Gallery has 2 stone steps. The workshop table is fixed and also up one step, the main table is high, you will be stood or sat on a tall chair.
Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
Health & Safety
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.