If you’re new to glass (and little old me) and want a more informal taster workshop, see my public programme below. These are specific themes on set dates where you can book directly through my website. See something you like but can’t make the date, get in touch to arrange another time to suit you.
Work with glass, got all the kiln and work from your own space, just need the kiln but haven’t been able to spend a small fortune to buy your own?
I can offer a kiln rental service. Get in touch about this.
Fancy more of a challenge? My development sessions are for those who keep coming back to play with glass. I’ve listened to my regulars and have a few options for those who need want to learn more in depth processes or who have their own project ideas to worok on. Click here for more info.
BIG TIP – Make sure you are sign up to my ‘Create a Spark’ email newsletter to be the first to hear about new dates!
My Facebook Page is the best place to get regular updates and reminders about my fused glass workshops in Derbyshire and beyond. I love to share my experiments as part of my workshop planning, as well as the gorgeous pieces completed by workshop attendees! Check out my facebook albums if you’re a glass addict, planning your next creation.
Scrolling images to show you just a few examples of finished student makes from past fused glass workshops in Derbyshire
If you’re craving creativity or need a gift for someone who is, I have gift vouchers for Fused Glass workshops to be booked through me at anytime over the next 12 months. Gift vouchers can also be redeemed against Sparkling Dichroic jewellery, home accessories, art work or my create-at-home Project Kits.
Details below for in person fused glass workshops at Create Space – Wirksworth but I also get invited run sessions at host venues. Click here if a fused glass workshop in another area of Derbyshire might be better for you.
Get in touch with any questions, there is never any pressure to book and I am always happy to talk all things glassy!
Thurs 8th Feb – Flower Gardens – £45 – 1:30-3:30pm – bookable online
Whether you create a design inspired by wild flowers, poppies or fields of heather, you’ll enjoy playing with glass elements and textures to build your unique design. Choose from 3 options of pre cut bases and create a bowl, round hanging or free standing wave.
Sun 11th Feb – Lanterns of any design – 2-4pm ish – £66 (or less) book now
The course fee includes the metal lantern itself, that I will replace clear glass panels with specialist glass which you can decorate in any design you wish using mostly precut glass bands and tiles, frit balls, rods and paint. Your panels will be fired and fitted, ready for you to enjoy! Think a version of my flower garden, seascape, winter landscape or painted trees workshops but on four sides of a lantern. You get to have 4 times the fun! I am aware some people might want to only decorate 1, 2 or 3 sides of the lantern and we can discuss this, reduce the fee to suit. Just get in touch.
More to be programmed soon including a special offer on my Fragments bowl workshop.
LOOKING AHEAD TO 2024 – I’ve listed more of my standard workshops but without a date as for the first couple of months of the year I am taking requests. Take a look, decide what you might like to do, and then contact me with your ideal date(s) and ask any questions, no matter how small.
Don’t forget to have a look at my kits, if you want to work at home, at your leisure. I can also offer discounts of group purchases if you fancy hosting a making party.
Popular session themes include fort following, if I have got the one you want on my programme, get in touch to book a day that suits you.
- Flower Gardens Whether inspired by a field of poppies, a bed of bluebells or a wild flower garden, these makes are full of summer colours.
- Taster Tiles A playful introduction taking just over an hour to design your own coaster or hanging using precut tiles.
- Landscape Waves and Curves Layer cut glass pieces along with other glass elements to create your own abstract landscape sculpture.
- Lanterns of any design Decorate your panels and I’ll fit them into a lovely metal lantern.
- Fragment Bowls My only full day session where you cut and layer lots of glass pieces to make a large bowl
- Spots and Stripes Dishes or Coasters Learn a simple glass cutting technique to shorten strips of colourful glass before adding sparkling details.
- Beautiful Birds Cut and shape sheets of colourful glass to make your own bird hanging or sculpture piece.
- Big Bold Hangings Learn a simple glass cutting technique to create bands of colour before adding textural details and make your own large glass hanging.
- Seascape Waves Use iridescent glass in gorgeous wavy shapes, add textured details with rods, frit and frit balls.
- Glitzy Glass Jewellery Learn the technique of cutting and layering glass to produce your own unique jewellery, at least 3 pieces. Using Dichroic Glass, a rainbow of colours and a myriad of decorative inclusions, you will design and make jewellery pieces including pendants, earrings, cufflinks and brooches.
“Stevie’s enthusiasm shines through. She ran a socially distanced workshop for myself and a couple of friends in my garden. We all had an amazing time, we loved it. Stevie went out of her way to make sure everything ran smoothly.” Katherine (Workshop Participant).
“I love Stevie’s workshops. She’s friendly and fun and always interested in the designs students come up with. I’ve done a number of workshops now using lots of different techniques and love the results after they’re fired (it’s like a mini Christmas every time)! Stevie always makes you feel comfortable and goes out of her way to make classes enjoyable and fun. Thanks Stevie!” Clare (Workshop Participant)
“After visiting Stevie during an Open Studios day, I booked on one of her workshops with my sister to make fused glass Christmas decorations. We both really enjoyed our time spent creating together in Stevie’s studio and I especially love my glass star that I created in my favourite colours, which now hangs in the window all year round. I’ve since taken part in more workshops and I’m currently waiting in anticipation for my large fused glass bowl.” Claire (Workshop Participant)
Workshop Loyalty Card
Saving Pennies is a new loyalty card specifically for workshops booked directly with me at my Studio. To start saving, sign up to my email newsletter and collect your Saving Pennies Card at your next workshop.
It’s really simple to use:
- Collect 5 stamps and get 50% off your 6th workshop.
- Collect another 5 stamps and get your 12th workshop free!
Just let Stevie know at time of booking when you are booking your 6th and 12th workshop to get your discount. Easy!
Workshop Ts & Cs
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing workshops and courses that are booked through Stevie.
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility: Workshops in Wirksworth. Entrance to the Studio Gallery has 2 stone steps. The workshop table is fixed and also up one step, the main table is high, you will be stood or sat on a tall chair. Please ask about accessibility at other venues.
- Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.
When you book a place you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.