Remember to select FREE SHIPPING at checkout.
Design and create your own glass fish hangings with this Stevie Davies Glass Kit! Using the hand cut bases supplied, add colourful, iridescent glass elements including rods and frit balls. The kit contains all the materials you will need along with tools to help you make 3 fish of varying sizes (approximately 8 to 15cm). The detailed instructions will guide you through the process and you can always get in touch for advice and guidance on the process of construction.
Return your designs me to be kiln fired and finished with wire loop and ribbon for hanging.
Choose your colour range from:
Under the Sea (blues)
Golden (reds and yellows)
Rainbow (a bit of everything)
The cost of these kits includes original postage to send the kit to you and return postage of the finished fish. You will need to cover the cost of sending your finished kit back to me for firing in the kiln so please keep the additional cost of this in mind!
Use the glass pieces to make your own design in the shape of a fish. This is a calm, methodical process which should be very relaxing, playing with lots of pieces of colourful glass to create something that is personal to you.
A step by step print out of instructions is included in your kit.
These kits are supplied with raw glass (which sharp and pointy) so I am recommending they are suitable for those aged 12 and above, with supervision!
- Clear fish shaped glass bases glued to special kiln paper.
- Cardboard, tissue paper and bubble wrap to use to package your finished makes.
- Pieces of colourful, iridescent glass – there will be more than you need so you have plenty of options!
- A selection of design accents for more detailed elements including frit balls, glass rods and dichroic glass pieces for the eyes.
- Specialist glue and a brush, and a pair of tweezers.
- Safety guidance instructions.
- A pencil to write design notes and your name.
- Plain paper to tip your glass pieces onto.
- A work surface, covered with a large sheet of paper so you can gather any shards of glass.
HEALTH & SAFETY DISCLAIMER: When purchasing kits you do so with the understanding that raw cut glass is sharp. Stevie cannot be held responsible for your safety in your own home. Use the tweezers provided and follow the guidelines set out in the instructions. Adult supervision should be used for younger makers. Keep pieces of glass away from animals and don’t pick up bits of glass by the pointy end!