Socially Distanced Workshops
In my Banks Mill studio I have spent a lot of time getting everything in place to enable me to welcome you back for 1-2-1s or very small groups. Get in touch for full info before booking – no enquiry too small.
I also have use of the Anvil Gallery, in the Cathedral Quarter area of Derby City. It is a beautiful Contemporary Art Gallery with a large space for socially distanced workshops of up to 6 individuals. This gives me a lot of flexibility with booking your session in on dates and times that will suit everyone.
My Facebook Page is the best place to keep up to date with workshops. I love to share my experiments as part of my workshop planning, as well as many gorgeous pieces completed by workshop customers!
If you’re craving creativity or need a gift for someone who is still waiting for the world to settle a bit more I have an option for workshop gift vouchers for Fused Glass workshops to be booked through me at anytime over the next 12 months (due to Covid I will extend if needed). Gift vouchers can also be redeemed against Sparkling Dichroic jewellery, home accessories, art work, or my create-at-home Project Kits.
Due to Covid my regular programme of workshops is suspended, however, workshops are still bookable as described above, and below are some of the themes I offer. The following sessions are 2 to 3 hours long. They vary in price from £30 – £40 and can be booked at a time to suit you.
- Trinket Dishes Make a set of 3 small dishes, perfect for tealight candles or ring holders. Using pre-cut coloured glass details, dichroic sparkle and glass rods to decorate your clear glass bases. No glass cutting or shared equipment, very socially distanced.
- Symbology Panels Use copper wire to create a unique design, motif, or lettering before adding glass frit in this reverse firing process. Panels can be hangings, free standing or framed.
- Textured Wall Art Use a whole variety of decorative elements to design and make a panel 15 x 15cm or equivalent, which could be hung, freestanding in a mount or framed. Shared materials will be dispensed in a safe way.
- Beautiful Glass Birds Create your own unique bird design using shimmering glass colours. Real breeds can be used as inspiration or you can enjoy making your own up in your favourite colours. Make a hanging or mounted piece approximately 15cm. Glass cutting, demonstration and safe sharing of materials are needed for this session.
- Glitzy Glass Jewellery Everyone loves sparkles and in this workshop you can make your own wearable art full of colour and sparkles. Aim to create at least 3-4 items including earring, pendants, rings, cufflinks and brooches. Perfect to give as gifts or keep for yourself. Glass cutting, demonstration and safe sharing of materials are needed for this session.
- Other themes include Fragment Bowls, Painted Glass Tiles, Layered Decal Designs and Seascapes… if you have any questions, just ask.
Workshop Loyalty Card
Saving Pennies is a new loyalty card specifically for workshops booked directly with me at my Banks Mill Studio.
To start saving, sign up to my email newsletter and collect your Saving Pennies Card at your next workshop.
It’s really simple to use:
- Collect 5 stamps and get 50% off your 6th workshop.
- Collect another 5 stamps and get your 12th workshop free!
Just let Stevie know at time of booking when you are booking your 6th and 12th workshop to get your discount. Easy!
Workshop T’s & C’s
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing workshops and courses that are booked through Stevie.
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility: Workshops at Banks Mill Studios. Unfortunately there is no lift and it is likely that Stevie’s Fused Glass Workshops will be held on the 2nd floor. Please ask about accessibility at other venues.
- Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.
When you book a place you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.