Very happy to be takings bookings for small group workshops (see my public programme below), private workshops for you groups, birthday/hen sessions in your own venues and 1-2-1s. Get in touch for further details.
I pride myself on being very flexible ad with Covid restrictions still in place, my booking process is transparent. Whether it be my venue or yours, a pre determined theme/make or a tailor made session, I am always happy to talk about all things glassy. I can even travel to you, getting outside in summer 2020 was a fun experience, so keep that in mind.
My Facebook Page is the best place to keep up to date with workshops. I love to share my experiments as part of my workshop planning, as well as many gorgeous pieces completed by workshop attendees! Check out my facebook albums (feel free to tag yourself if you’re a glass addict planning your next creations).
If you’re craving creativity or need a gift for someone who is still waiting for the world to settle a bit more I have an option for workshop gift vouchers for Fused Glass workshops to be booked through me at anytime over the next 12 months (due to Covid I will extend if needed). Gift vouchers can also be redeemed against Sparkling Dichroic jewellery, home accessories, art work, or my create-at-home Project Kits.
Details below for both in person workshops at Create Space – Wirksworth as well as some Zoom sessions! ♥
*Please email me for full details and (hopefully) book the following…
Get in touch with any questions, never any pressure to book, always happy to talk all things glassy!
WORKSHOP IN WIRKSWORTH limited to 4 people – Textured Hangings or Bowl Forms. Sun 27th June – 10-12:30pm ONE PLACE LEFT
£25 plus materials worked out on the day, for example a 9x9cm hanging (£5) a 9cm circular hanging (£7). 17cm Bowl (£22)
After successful Flower Garden themed sessions (see the facebook album here) this workshop will also enable you to create seascape scenes and abstract designs using frit balls, rods and crushed glass, including dichroic sparkle! The first session from my public programme of workshops in my new studio space.
Limited number of places with covid procedures in place.
WORKSHOP IN WIRKSWORTH limited to 4 people – Fused Iridescent Mosaics. Sat 17th July – 2-4pm
£40 materials included. Build a design using precut pieces of iridescent glass, think crazy paving but sparkly! Explore two ways of working to create a pair of coasters/tiles, a framed artwork (15cm) or a circlular hanging (approx 18cm). More materials for extra creation can be purchased on the day.
WORKSHOP IN WIRKSWORTH limited to 4 people – Glitzy Glass Jewellery. Sun 18th July – 10-1pm
£38 most materials included. Everyone loves sparkle and this workshop is perfect for making wearable art for yourself or to give as give away as gifts. Learn the technique of cutting and layering glass to produce your own unique jewellery, at least 3 pieces, mayeb more. Using Dichroic Glass, a rainbow of colours and a myriad of decorative inclusions, you will design and make jewellery pieces including pendants, earrings, cufflinks and brooches. Extra special findings and really really sparkly designs will incur a small extra cost, worked out on the day. See photos of past student makes here.
ZOOM workshop– Beautiful birds and butterflies – Sun 25th July – 10am-1pm
£40 plus postage of £8
Booking deadline in order to post your kit is 16th July, preferable earlier though!
Usinga pre cut base to start, you will add layers or colour, dichroic glass elements along with glass rods and frit. I’ll supply all the materials and tools n a pack sent straight to your door. The Zoom call is needed to take you through the health and safety as well as the details of how to construct your bird or butterfly (approx 15cm). Colour/breed choices are given at the time of booking. Check my facebook album for images of previous student makes.
*new* WORKSHOP IN WIRKSWORTH limited to 4 people – Sculptural Waves – Sat 31st July – 2-4pm
£36 materials included. Create an abstract, highly textured free standing wave form, approx 35cm x 10cm tall. Layering various precut pieces of glass, including iridescent sparkles as well as metal inclusions to create your unique design.
Contact me with any questions, booking forms with full details are sent via email.
The following sessions are 2 to 3 hours long and vary in price from approx £30 – £40. I will look to programme some in for summer 2021 but if you want to book a date with me, I can work around you.
- Symbology Panels Use copper wire to create a unique design, motif, or lettering before adding glass frit in this reverse firing process. Panels can be hangings, free standing or framed.
- Textured Wall Art Use a whole variety of decorative elements to design and make a panel 15 x 15cm or equivalent, which could be hung, freestanding in a mount or framed. Shared materials will be dispensed in a safe way.
- Glitzy Glass Jewellery Everyone loves sparkles and in this workshop you can make your own wearable art full of colour and sparkles. Aim to create at least 3-4 items including earring, pendants, rings, cufflinks and brooches. Perfect to give as gifts or keep for yourself. Glass cutting, demonstration and safe sharing of materials are needed for this session.
- Other themes include Fragment Bowls, Painted Glass Tiles, Layered Decal Designs and Seascapes… if you have any questions, just ask.
Workshop Loyalty Card
Saving Pennies is a new loyalty card specifically for workshops booked directly with me at my Banks Mill Studio.
To start saving, sign up to my email newsletter and collect your Saving Pennies Card at your next workshop.
It’s really simple to use:
- Collect 5 stamps and get 50% off your 6th workshop.
- Collect another 5 stamps and get your 12th workshop free!
Just let Stevie know at time of booking when you are booking your 6th and 12th workshop to get your discount. Easy!
Workshop T’s & C’s
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing workshops and courses that are booked through Stevie.
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility: Workshops at Banks Mill Studios. Unfortunately there is no lift and it is likely that Stevie’s Fused Glass Workshops will be held on the 2nd floor. Please ask about accessibility at other venues.
- Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.
When you book a place you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.