See below for new virtual workshops until I can invite you back for Socially Distanced Workshops
When appropriate, my studio at Banks Mill in Derby, is where I have put everything in place to enable me to welcome you back for 1-2-1s or very small groups. Get in touch for full info before booking – no enquiry too small.
I also travel out to you, getting outside in summer 2020 was a fun experience, so keep that in mind as the weather gets warmer this year. I then have use of larger venue in Derby City for socially distanced workshops of up to 6 individuals.
My Facebook Page is the best place to keep up to date with workshops. I love to share my experiments as part of my workshop planning, as well as many gorgeous pieces completed by workshop customers!
If you’re craving creativity or need a gift for someone who is still waiting for the world to settle a bit more I have an option for workshop gift vouchers for Fused Glass workshops to be booked through me at anytime over the next 12 months (due to Covid I will extend if needed). Gift vouchers can also be redeemed against Sparkling Dichroic jewellery, home accessories, art work, or my create-at-home Project Kits.
Join me on ZOOM!!!!
At least for a little while longer I am taking workshops and social events online and I’d love to see your face! ♥
CONNECT AND CREATE Sun 31st Jan 10am-12:30pm
Drop by on zoom with your at home project kit and make with me. Simple as that. Stay for a short time, ask me any questions you may have, see what other people are enjoying creating. Find the event on facebook and get in touch so I can send you the Invitation to Zoom.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS – LAST DAY TO BOOK THE FISH SESSION (WITH POSTAGE IS 10TH FEB)
Get in touch and I’ll send you full details, colourway options and the money bit (see below for fee information) and I’ll prepare all your glass, gather your sparkles and send you all the materials and tools needed to make at home. All you’ll need is a table and a vacuum cleaner! Then join the Zoom workshop!
Beautiful Birds Cut your own sheets of glass, layer and build a colourful bird, approx 15-18cm. Make it extra special with dichroic sparkle, glass rods and frit. Adults only.
10am-1pm (ish) 20th Feb FULLY BOOKED – I am repeating the session on 20th March so get in touch about that one.
Shimmering Fish Using precut pieces of shimmering iridescent colour, glass rods and frit balls create your designs. You will make 3 different sized fish, varying from 8-15cm approx. Recommended for ages 12+ Under. 16s should be accompanied by an adult. 2pm-4pm (ish) 20th Feb.
Each session is £40 and I can offer extra sets of materials for you to make multiples as a discount.
Postage cost for the pack of materials and then your fired work will be £8 unless a safe collection from Banks Mill, Derby, can be arranged. There is also the postage/delivery for getting your maker back to me to consider.
Some people have expressed an interest in doing both workshops, a whole day of creativity, how fun! I’d like to offer a group discount for both. Details can be found on the booking form. Get in touch with any questions, never any pressure to book, always happy to talk all things glassy!
In person (when applicable) Workshop Themes
Due to Covid my regular programme of workshops is suspended, however, workshops are still bookable as described above, and below are some of the themes I offer. The following sessions are 2 to 3 hours long. They vary in price from £30 – £40 and can be booked at a time to suit you.
- Symbology Panels Use copper wire to create a unique design, motif, or lettering before adding glass frit in this reverse firing process. Panels can be hangings, free standing or framed.
- Textured Wall Art Use a whole variety of decorative elements to design and make a panel 15 x 15cm or equivalent, which could be hung, freestanding in a mount or framed. Shared materials will be dispensed in a safe way.
- Glitzy Glass Jewellery Everyone loves sparkles and in this workshop you can make your own wearable art full of colour and sparkles. Aim to create at least 3-4 items including earring, pendants, rings, cufflinks and brooches. Perfect to give as gifts or keep for yourself. Glass cutting, demonstration and safe sharing of materials are needed for this session.
- Other themes include Fragment Bowls, Painted Glass Tiles, Layered Decal Designs and Seascapes… if you have any questions, just ask.
Workshop Loyalty Card
Saving Pennies is a new loyalty card specifically for workshops booked directly with me at my Banks Mill Studio.
To start saving, sign up to my email newsletter and collect your Saving Pennies Card at your next workshop.
It’s really simple to use:
- Collect 5 stamps and get 50% off your 6th workshop.
- Collect another 5 stamps and get your 12th workshop free!
Just let Stevie know at time of booking when you are booking your 6th and 12th workshop to get your discount. Easy!
Workshop T’s & C’s
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing workshops and courses that are booked through Stevie.
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility: Workshops at Banks Mill Studios. Unfortunately there is no lift and it is likely that Stevie’s Fused Glass Workshops will be held on the 2nd floor. Please ask about accessibility at other venues.
- Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.
When you book a place you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.