Fused Glass Workshop – Spots & Stripes Dishes and Coasters
A 2hr workshop.
Price £45 per person
I want to share my 15+ years of experience with you. This in person fused glass workshop is held at my Derbyshire studio and gallery space in the middle of Wirksworth near Matlock.
About this fused glass workshop
For this workshop I’ll give you a base of specialist kiln paper to decorate with stripes of your favourite colours. This can be a 15cm square dish or 2 10cm coasters. I will prepare lots and lots of stripes of colourful glass to give you, 2mm thick and perfect for you to cut to length yourself. Build a design however like before adding gold or silver spots of mica flakes in any design you fancy. This could be words or numbers or motifs that really personalise your makes.
This is a great introduction to glass cutting, anyone can do it with the tips and tricks I’ll show you. The main thing to remember is to have fun! You will play with different types of decorative glass elements and learn a little about how the kiln firing will change them. Simply complete your design during the session and leave it at the studio for me to fire, clean and finish, ready for you to display and enjoy. We will arrange for you to collect your piece after a few weeks or I can post your finished piece at cost.
I will talk through all the Health & Safety in the session but I want you to know now, you will be handling precut glass pieces, they have pointy ends but with the right handling, they won’t hurt you. Recommended for ages 12+, all under 16s to be accompanied by a paying adult.
Photos shown here (and on my facebook page) are previous students makes.
Book with friends or come on your own for a supportive and fun creative fused glass workshop experience. All fused glass workshop attendees receive a 10% discount on purchases from the gallery shop on the day, just a little way I can say thank you for joining me!
Things to bring with you:
- A bottle of water or travel cup of coffee/tea.
- An apron or old clothes so you don’t have to worry about getting glue or other materials on them.
- Pictures or images that inspire you, even if it’s just for colour reference but remember we will be a limited to the effects achievable with the materials and tools though.
- An open mind and willingness to experiment.
When booking make sure your email address is correct at checkout as I will email you any further information needed for the workshop. Please also include a contact phone number in the unlikely event that I need to cancel a workshop at short notice.
Venue: Create Space Studio & Gallery, 27 Market Place, Wirksworth, Matlock DE4 4ET
Currently, the washroom facilities in the studio shop aren’t the best, they probably won’t ever be perfect but I do have a working w.c and sink now, just behind a curtain. I would still recommend considering supporting one of the independent cafés, restaurants and pubs who would welcome some extra business in return for a comfort break.
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing Workshops and Courses that are booked here online. When you book a place,you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
Bookings and cancellations
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility – Workshops at Create Space, Wirksworth: Entrance to the Studio Gallery has 2 stone steps. The workshop table is fixed and also up one step, the main table is high, you will be stood or sat on a tall chair.
Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
Health & Safety
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.