Fused Glass Workshop – Glitzy Glass Jewellery
Fri 22nd March – 11-1:30pm £50
I want to share my 15+ years of experience with you. This fused glass workshop is held at my Derbyshire studio and gallery space in the middle of Wirksworth, near Matlock.
About this fused glass workshop
Everyone loves sparkle and this workshop is perfect for making wearable art for yourself or to give as give away as gifts. After a brief introduction to how to work safely with glass, I will teach you the technique of cutting and layering sheet glass to produce your own unique creations. The process of cutting is a skill that takes time to develop but wonderful designs can be built from basic shapes. No experience necessary, just an understanding that you might not be “perfect” straight away. I’m told I make it look easy, but I’ve been doing it, almost daily, for 15 years!
Produce a range of unique jewellery using specialist glass called Dichroic Glass, a rainbow of colours and a myriad of decorative inclusions, you will design and make jewellery pieces including pendants, earrings, cufflinks and brooches. Your creations will need to be fired, cleaned and finished by Stevie so will be ready in around three weeks. The materials cost will enable you to make at least 3 (maybe 4) pieces in the time, maybe more depending on your chosen designs and how quickly you work.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me to discuss any queries you may have, big or small and make sure to find me on Instagram and facebook to keep up to date with all the sparkles and to see images of previous students work. Here is a photo album for Glitzy Glass Jewellery.
Book with friends or come on your own for a supportive and fun creative fused glass workshop experience. All fused glass workshop attendees receive a 10% discount on purchases from the gallery shop on the day, just a little way I can say thank you for joining me!
Things to bring with you:
- A bottle of water or travel cup of coffee/tea
- An apron or old clothes so you don’t have to worry about getting glue or little bits of glass on them
- An open mind and willingness to experiment
When booking make sure your email address is correct at checkout as I will email you any further information needed for the workshop. Please also include a contact phone number in the unlikely event that I need to cancel a workshop at short notice.
Currently, my studio doesn’t currently have a working w.c. I am chasing a plumber for on this but don’t know when it will be sorted. I feel I need to warn you but there are public facilities and plenty of nearby cafés and pubs that are happy to get a little extra business in exchange for use of their washroom facilities.
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing Wo6rshops and Courses that are booked here online. When you book a place you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
Bookings and cancellations
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility – Workshops at Create Space, Wirksworth: Entrance to the Studio Gallery has 2 stone steps. The workshop table is fixed and also up one step, the main table is high, you will be stood or sat on a tall chair.
Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
Health & Safety
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.