Fused Glass Workshop – Beautiful Birds
An intense but fun 2.5hr workshop. £50 per person.
I want to share my 15+ years of experience with you. This fused glass workshop is held at my Derbyshire studio and gallery space in the middle of Wirksworth, near Matlock.
About this fused glass workshop
Enjoy some creative time designing and making your own fused glass bird inspired by your favourite breed, or create a fantasy bird using your favourite colours.
After a brief introduction to how to work safely with glass, I will teach you the technique of cutting and layering sheet glass to produce your own unique creations. The process of cutting is a skill that takes time to develop but wonderful designs can be built from basic shapes. No experience necessary, just an understanding that you might not be “perfect” straight away. I’m told I make it look easy, but I’ve been doing it, almost daily, for 15 years!
You will be given a simple base shape to work into in order to make your design unique. Pick through a rainbow of colours and a myriad of decorative details and build your make, then add some sparkle too. I will help you to produce one design, approximately 17cm which could be a hanging or displayed on a stake.
The course fee includes all equipment and enough materials to enable you to make one detailed piece, this is also usual for the amount of time. Your creations will need to fired in a kiln, cleaned and finished and so will be ready for collection approximately 2 weeks after the session.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me to discuss any queries you may have, big or small and make sure to find me on Instagram and facebook to keep up to date with all the sparkles and to see images of previous students works.
Photos shown here and on facebook are previous students with varying levels of experience.
Book with friends or come on your own for a supportive and fun creative fused glass workshop experience. All fused glass workshop attendees receive a 10% discount on purchases from the gallery shop on the day, just a little way I can say thank you for joining me!
Things to bring with you:
- A bottle of water or travel cup of coffee/tea
- An apron or old clothes so you don’t have to worry about getting glue or little bits of glass on them
- An open mind and willingness to experiment
When booking make sure your email address is correct at checkout as I will email you any further information needed for the workshop. Please also include a contact phone number in the unlikely event that I need to cancel a workshop at short notice.
The bathroom facilities in the studio shop aren’t the best, now working, finally, but not overly discreet. I feel I need to warn everyone to maybe consider planning to support one of the independent cafes/restaurants or pubs for comfort breaks.
Please read through the Terms & Conditions for Glass Fusing Workshops and Courses that are booked here online. When you book a place you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
Bookings and cancellations
- Bookings – If you can not attend a workshop, for what ever reason, please contact Stevie as soon as possible. Firstly we will work together to transfer your place onto another day, suitable for your needs. Another option is for you to offer your place out to a friend or family member.
If this is not possible and your cancellation has been more less than 21 days in advance of the event, a refund can be offered.
If your cancellation has been made less than 21 days before the event and you can not transfer onto a future date, every effort will be made to fill your place, from further advertising and/or the reserves list. If your space can not be filled by another attendee and you are unable to arrange a replacement yourself unfortunately, no refund can be offered.
- In the unlikely event that Stevie has to cancel a class, you will be offered either a full refund or a transfer to another date. As much notice as possible will be given, however, Stevie cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
- Accessibility – Workshops at Create Space, Wirksworth: Entrance to the Studio Gallery has 2 stone steps. The workshop table is fixed and also up one step, the main table is high, you will be stood or sat on a tall chair.
Please contact Stevie for information about the suitability of her courses for ages and abilities before booking.
Health & Safety
- Stevie reserves the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.